In The Dark “ A Story Of Love , Betrayal And Survival ” – Episode 2


I looked at my girls and all i felt was the joy of motherhood. Nothing can be more fulfilling.
There was a striking resemblance between the girls right from birth.
As a mother, i could not even point out a difference between the both of them, they were a set of identical twins.
After been cleaned up, i was asked to feed my kids. I could remember, shedding tears of joy as the girls sucked from my dry boobs. Everything was like a dream come through for me and i saw the girls as the reward for all the hardship i went through.
There and then promised myself that i wouldn’t let go of my girls for anything in the whole world.
I stayed back at the hospital for awhile after delivery. Biodun was the only one that stood by me throughout this period of time and he even scheduled his annual leave for that month. He would bring us breakfast in the morning, buy lunch in the afternoon and go home to make dinner at night. During this period of time the hospital practically became Biodun’s home. He found pleasure in playing with the girls while i would sleep. He also stayed with me during sleepless nights when the girls are crying. We would carry the girls and dance round the ward the way Nigerian mothers does. Whenever the girls fall asleep, Biodun would sleep in a one armed chair while my babies and I would sleep on the comfortable bed. I did’nt know how i was going to repay him but i am eternally grateful for his support.
After spending a week in the hospital, we were due for discharge. Before I was discharged, the birth certificates of my kids were issued to me and i was surprised to see Biodun’s name on it as their father. I enquired for the reason why Biodun included his name and he made me understand that he did’nt include his name because he wanted to claim my children but he was lost on whose name to give when the babies father name was requested for. So he filled in his name for the main time.
Biodun wanted to request for a change in name after explaining his reasons to me but i kicked against the idea. To me James was not worthy to be call the father of my children and even though Biodun was just a friend, he had done more than what a father could do.
I left the hospital without changing the name on the birth certificate. Biodun drove us home afterwards and we were awesomely welcomed by a surprise party.
****
The sight that welcomed me was pleasant when we arrived my apartment. Biodun had the whole interior decoration changed, he decorated the nursery and he even went to the extent of changing the furnitures. The whole apartment was sparkling. I did’nt know how biodun pulled the whole surprise off but he did it perfectly well.
Some of Biodun’s friends were present as well. I got gift from most of them and we had fun having a low key welcome party. Throughout the party, Biodun portrayed me as his girlfriend. He would whisper into my ears and touch me lightly on the cheek. Though i was happy to have him by my side, i was scared of falling for him as well.
At exactly 6:00pm, our guest exist the apartment and we were left to clean up the used dishes.
****
While washing the dishes, i to take a bold step by asking Biodun why he chose to stand by me. I selected my words carefully in order not to him or portray myself as an ungrateful soul.
After a long speech, I was able to convey my message to Biodun and his response was something i never imagined. Though the message was clear, it was hard to believe.
Biodun made me realise that he liked me the very day he set his eyes on me and the day i shared my story with him, he became more attracted to me. Though it was alittle crazy to be inlove with a lady who was carrying another man’s child,he decided to stick around and let fate decide the future.He also included that all he did was for my girls.
I agreed with Biodun’s decision to allow fate play it’s part and i also used the opportunity to thank him for all he had done.
Myself and biodun shared a kiss that day and we were eventually interrupted by the cries of my babies.
****
After two weeks of been discharged, my life started to take a new turn. Biodun added meaning to my life and existence. He represented the father i thought my kids would never have and he represented the family I left back home.
We found pleasure in doing everything together. Everything! including changing my babies napkins and watching them grow.
Having my girls, Biodun and my family, made my life beautiful.
I had the happiness i thought i had lost until one day.
****
I was about putting the girls to sleep when i heard a knock on my door. I gave the girls to Biodun and went for the door.
Standing in front of my door was a man in suit. He delivered a letter to me and i signed the delivery book.
I got the shock of my life when i read the content of the letter.
It was a court notice.
A notice that stated that i was sued by James.
.
To be continued

No comments:

Gospel Singer Tasha Cobbs Faces Backlash for Teaming with Racy Nicki Minaj on New Song.

Gospel Singer Tasha Cobbs Faces Backlash for Teaming with Racy Nicki Minaj on New Song. Grammy award-winning gospel singer Tasha Cobbs-L...